Planning committee chairwoman Jan Harder is certainly changing the built nature of Ottawa.
Yes under the Barrhaven councillor’s short reign, Ottawa will have its tallest condo near Little Italy … or at least what will be left of it when the commercial rents go sky high in that neighbourhood. Can you say strip mall?
And now three neighbourhood community design plans are under attack by … well … ignoring important parts of them and building whatever is wanted.
So here are some new ideas for Ottawa from the planning committee head honcho in the form of a Top 10 List:
10. Create drive-thru development approvals;
9. Call whole city Barrhaven, The Capital of Canada;
8. Initiate building height minimums;
7. Provide spa services in conjunction with the concierge program;
6. Put developers on planning committee;
5. Write new city slogan: “Ottawa: Where Jane Jacobs Would Weep”;
4. Expropriate Bulldog World Headquarters;
3. Pave Experimental Farm;
2. Eliminate sidewalks to provide more downtown parking;
1. Development approvals delivered in five minutes or they’re free.
To advertise on The Bulldog, click here.
To comment on this post, use the reply box at the bottom of this page.
To get the best in Canadian news and opinion, click here for Bulldog Canadian.
Back to The Bulldog’s home page, click here.
Email Ken Gray at email@example.com with your opinions. Gray welcomes these emails for possible publication in The Bulldog.
Subscribe to The Bulldog for free.
Follow The Bulldog on Twitter for news updates.
Friend The Bulldog on Facebook for news updates.
Subscribe To Bulldog Canadian By RSS.