- Did anyone know that the Trillium Line was so inconsequential to Ottawa commuting that it could be closed for 16 months? A surprise to us all;
- The trip for someone from Ottawa airport to downtown will involve three different vehicles and two transfers. A trip to Kanata will involve four different vehicles and three transfers. The last vehicle in the Kanata trip will be a taxi costing about $60 or a ride on the bus.
- Phase 2 of light rail doesn’t reach Kanata or Barrhaven before 2023;
- Ottawa planners think the north-south Trillium Line will decrease traffic on the Airport Parkway. In fact what happens is that drivers see an unclogged road and return to their cars from transit because the run is faster with less traffic … at least until the road clogs with traffic again;
- Didn’t the City of Ottawa just rebuild the Trillium Line to little or no positive effect?
- Why is Rideau Transit Group not bidding on the eastern or western extensions of light rail?
Back to The Bulldog’s home page, click here.
To comment on this post, use the reply box at the bottom of this page.