Yes Ottawa’s horribly expensive light-rail project is late.
And taxpayers would like to know why. If Domino’s can deliver in 30 minutes or it’s free, what does $2.1 billion get you?
So we explore this by way of a Top 10 List:
Top 10 Reasons Light Rail Is Late
10. Thought train powered by Timbits;
9. Wile E Coyote running light-rail project (see video below);
8. Watson wants horn sound changed from “Mawhaaaa” to “Tweet, tweet;”
7. Since small pets OK’d on Transpo, marmot got stuck in fan belt;
6. Only name submitted in name-the-train contest was “Weenie;”
5. No Number 5. Number 5’s late or … “I don’t call it late, I call it an adjustment of the date, for all the right reasons.”
4. Manconi writing dedication speech for opening;
3. Melnyk threatened to ride it;
2. Jim was driving;
1.Train? What train?