The sad story of disgraced journalist Brian Williams, the former host of NBC’s Nightly New, takes a turn for the worse.
Rather than being suspended as previously announced, Williams has been permanently replaced as head of the NBC flagship news show. His quick wit and good nature were always welcomed on programs such as Late Night With David Letterman.
Now he has been busted to grunt reporter on MSNBC:
The 56-year-old newsman said the past few months have been “torture” as he examined his actions and read newspaper stories about himself and realized he didn’t like the man they were describing.
“I am fully aware of the second chance that I’ve been given and I don’t intend to squander it,” he said.
He also acknowledged that he “pushed back at first” at the punishment that was given. But he said time has passed and he now accepts it, expressing support for Lester Holt, who filled in during Williams’ suspension and on Thursday was named the permanent new anchor of “Nightly News.”
“Was it my first choice? No,” he said. “Obviously I wanted to return to my old job. I thought we had a good 10-year run.”
To read the full unfortunate story in Macleans.ca and the Associated Press, click here.
To advertise on The Bulldog, click here.
To comment on this post, use the reply box at the bottom of this page.
To get the best in Canadian news and opinion, click here for Bulldog Canadian.
Back to The Bulldog’s home page, click here.
Email Ken Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org with your opinions. Gray welcomes these emails for possible publication in The Bulldog.
Subscribe to The Bulldog for free.
Follow The Bulldog on Twitter for news updates.
Friend The Bulldog on Facebook for news updates.
Subscribe To Bulldog Canadian By RSS.